Physician Relations Territory Manager - Wichita
Physician Relations leads the health system strategy and relationships with external referring physicians and is accountable for financial and referral volume to the hospital and key service lines. The person in this role is responsible for promoting specialty medical services of our academic medical center to the surrounding physician community and region.
- Market Strategy and Analytics.
- Interpret current physician referral patterns utilizing existing reporting tools, dashboards and market intelligence to determine priority areas for growing referrals to the hospital.
- Executes routine analysis of competitive landscape and changes in area healthcare services to strategically position hospital services to referring physicians.
- Provides insight to key executives related to emerging business opportunities.
- Works to pull through and support new hospital initiatives and partnership opportunities when needed.
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders regional healthcare services' volume, utilization, market data and physician referral patterns
- Business Development
- Strategically identifies and leads initiatives to build volume and favorable provider perceptions among internal and external referral sources.
- Differentiate TUKHS from other area hospital systems as a tertiary referral center by providing education on sub-specialty services only available at an academic medical center.
- Develops mutually beneficial relationships through face-to-face visits with physicians, schedulers, practice managers and medical staff from referring physician offices and community hospitals.
- The liaison will ensure understanding of hospital services and work to uncover and minimize referral obstacles.
- Coordinate meetings between internal physicians and external physician groups to improve communications, build relationships and grow referrals to new or existing physicians and/or resolve customer service issues.
- Allocates all available resources to accomplish organizational goals and increase referrals into the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with service line leaders, department chairs, site managers, and business strategic development to provide community intelligence, practice threats and opportunities to further the growth strategy of the hospital.
- Effectively utilize communication skills when in front of the customer, adjusting language and style to meet the needs of the hospital.
- Serves as a resource to area educational organizations by providing physician speakers for continuing education conferences and events.
- Coaches providers on effective communication and presentation skills for speaking engagements and peer to peer opportunities.
- Provides monthly reports on the status of referring physicians and reports about competitive intelligence, events, call center and transfer center volumes.
- Assists in the training and maintenance of referring physician web portal (EpicCare Link).
- Promote the portal as an effective communication tool regarding patients they have referred.
- Serves as a primary point of contact between referring physicians and TUKHS to ensure appropriate communication and follow up about referred patients.
- Communicate in a manner that supports the health systems vision, mission and values.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse provider groups.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaborative and analytical skills with a customer focus.
- Must be able to foster and maintain sound working relationships.
- Disciplined in goal setting, prospecting, networking, and territory and time management.
- Skilled in account management, needs assessment and handling objections.
- Knowledge of key industry business drivers and emerging medical trends and the ability to leverage that knowledge to inform hospital strategy.
- Maintains current referring physician database.
- Manages expenses and budget, resources and time as it relates to territory needs.
- Identify conference objectives and goals, needed resources and executes plan for the event.
- Develops and maintains relationships with executive directors of associations and organizations to ensure our physicians are well represented on the conference agenda.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with medical staff and internal staff and management.
- Demonstrates mastery and agility in meeting changing market conditions.
- Dedicated to continuous learning and self-improvement and aggressively undertakes activities to enrich intellect build new skills and hone existing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, patient centered environment.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
This position is based and Wichita and would require someone to be located there.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in healthcare (basic understanding of medical terminology, and prior experience working with Healthcare providers or relevant sales & marketing experience)
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable working with new technologies as they emerge
- Medical and/or Pharmaceutical/Device Sales Experience
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
- Medical Assistant - Family Medicine - Prairie Village Prairie Village, Kansas
Additional Clinical Opportunities
Residency and Fellowship Programs Non-Nursing
Business & Professional
Nursing Acute Care - Kansas City
Emergency - Great Bend
Graduate Nurses/ Residency
Maternal and Child Services Division - Kansas City
Maternal and Child Services Division - Great Bend
Pathways to Nursing
PPS - Kansas City
Perioperative and Procedural Services – Great Bend
Ambulatory & Outpatient - Kansas City
Ambulatory & Outpatient
Physicians & Faculty
Mission & Values
Diversity & Inclusion
Advanced Practice Professionals