Clinic Nurse Manager - Nurse Triage Team
Overland Park, Kansas
Job ID: R-24799
Our nurses are leaders and decision makers, working closely with physicians to provide the best care and most advanced treatments. On our team, you’ll work in an environment of respect and professionalism, and you’ll have the support to advance your nursing career in the direction you choose. Find out more about the wide variety of opportunities for nurses at The University of Kansas Health System.
The Ambulatory Nurse Manager manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of care for non-hospitalized or ambulatory patients within a department, procedural area, and/or infusion area. May manage more than one physical location. Provides clinical supervision and direction. Ensures regulatory compliance, maintains quality and safety outcomes. Supervises all aspects of personnel management and development. Works in collaboration with department leadership, administration and nursing leadership.
- Achieve business and organization goals, visions and objectives.
- Manages the delivery of nursing care and practice of professional nursing for non-hospitalized patients (ambulatory population) within a specified department, procedural area, and/or infusion area.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient care standards utilizing evidence based practice as applicable.
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports The University of Kansas Health System research activities.
- Assists with front and back office as needed to Identify and resolves issues affecting patient flow and the delivery of care.
- Manages operation of assigned areas by analyzing personnel structure, determining staffing needs, monitoring productivity, and providing direction that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides supervision, evaluates performance, conducts selection and termination process.
- Ensures clinical team works at top of licensure / responsibility. Actively promotes staff and self-development.
- Develops and maintains department related patient care standards through continuous quality improvement. Develops quality and safety initiatives to provide highest level of care. Oversees development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, evidence-based delivery of health services.
- Assess the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc.)
- Fosters patient and employee satisfaction.
- Promotes shared decision making with input from staff.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of the budget. Approves purchases, establishes and revises inventory quotes.
- Collaborate with nursing colleagues in ambulatory care to promote optimal utilization of nursing resources among the various clinics.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's in Nursing required
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas required
- 5 years of clinical experience in practice area
- 1 year of nursing leadership
As a condition of your employment and continued employment with the health system, you are required to secure a Nurse Compact License (NCL) within 60 days of your date of hire. This will enable you to perform your job duties not only in Kansas, but other compact states. You will be responsible for any expenses you incur in securing this license, and must provide your manager with evidence of this license before the sixty-day period expires. If you fail to secure the NCL as required, you will be immediately removed from the work schedule and placed on an unpaid administrative leave, until we can understand the reasons for your non-compliance. Further failure to comply with the licensing requirement will result in your end of employment with the health system.
- Master's Degree
- Professional Nursing Certification preferred
- 2 years of management experience preferred
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system employees. Learn more.
The main reason I love coming to work is because of the amazing team. We promote a nursing culture that encourages kindness and teamwork, and I absolutely love that about our hospital.– Riley Ferree, RN
Our robust medical, dental and vision package allows you to choose options that are best for your family. We offer life, disability, and accident insurance plus voluntary offerings such as critical illness insurance and identity theft protection.
In addition to the quality healthcare we provide, we have opportunities to serve externally in our community in activities throughout the year.
At the health system, we are a team. If you are highly skilled and motivated but don’t want to work in an “everyone for themselves” culture like many academic institutions have, this is your place.
Support and Resources
We have a comprehensive wellness program with resources to support your physical, mental, and emotional health. Our new Employee Assistance Program (EAP) includes free counseling sessions and legal advice options.
We offer tuition reimbursement for formal education credits.
We offer a retirement savings plan with an employer contribute.
What makes a successful Nurse at The University of Kansas Health System? Review the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right combination.
- Acccountable to Team
- Takes Initiative
- Possesses Integrity
- Desire to Grow & Develop
- Work with a team that supports you, in a place where you will feel you belong and will make a difference. We empower staff to put the patient first in all things – even beyond clinical care. We value people.
- Driven to serve: Every employee makes an impact, regardless of your role – no matter if you’re in scheduling, facilities or clinical staff. We know that each step of the process ultimately impacts the patient.
- Our leadership is approachable, open-minded, and adaptable to challenges in healthcare.
- We demonstrate values proudly and consistently. Values such as diversity and inclusion are important to our staff; there is a desire to see this reflected by the health system internally and externally.
- Even though we are a large organization, our employees feel the health system’s resources, culture and commitment to quality allow them to provide exceptional care for patients.
- Our health system welcomes patients and cases that other hospitals cannot. This represents our commitment to care and our passion to challenge ourselves and be the best.
- We are a true healthcare leader in the region, rooted in experience and excellence.
- We offer unique opportunities for professional development, as well as convenient pathways for onsite continuing education among healthcare professionals and staff – from GED to CEUs.
- We make a difference in our communities by improving the health and lives of our patients.
- We also support our communities through Health System Employees Reaching Out events.
- PRN Pre/Post RN Overland Park, Kansas
- Nursing Supervisor KUCC Overland Park Overland Park, Kansas
- Clinic RN Coordinator Breast Surgery-Indian Creek Cancer Center Overland Park, Kansas
You don't have any recently viewed jobs yet. You don't have any saved jobs yet.
You don't have any recently viewed jobs yet. You don't have any saved jobs yet.
Additional Clinical Opportunities
Residency and Fellowship Programs Non-Nursing
Business & Professional
Nursing Acute Care - Kansas City
Emergency - Great Bend
Graduate Nurses/ Residency
Maternal and Child Services Division - Kansas City
Maternal and Child Services Division - Great Bend
Pathways to Nursing
Perioperative and Procedural Services - Kansas City
Perioperative and Procedural Services – Great Bend
Advanced Practice Professionals - Great Bend
Ambulatory & Outpatient - Kansas City
Ambulatory & Outpatient
Physicians & Faculty
Mission & Values
Diversity & Inclusion
Our Hiring Process
Advanced Practice Professionals
Toby's Take: Caring for the Caregivers
A look into the life of an ER Nurse
Our Hiring ProcessLearn More