Clinic RN - Float Pool
Kansas City, Kansas
Job ID: R-30403
Our nurses are leaders and decision makers, working closely with physicians to provide the best care and most advanced treatments. On our team, you’ll work in an environment of respect and professionalism, and you’ll have the support to advance your nursing career in the direction you choose. Find out more about the wide variety of opportunities for nurses at The University of Kansas Health System.
The Ambulatory Float RN, performing to their highest level of training, provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients in the clinic setting.
- Accurately performs data entry in both Hospital and Clinical information systems; assists with medical records as needed.
- Completes all FMLA and STD paperwork for provider to approve
- Coordinates with clerical and medical staff to provide efficient patient flow and quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Provides care team support as needs arise; coordinates with the patient care team to identify opportunities for pre-visit planning to occur prior to a patient's visit.
- Follows up with patients on lab results after provider has reviewed
- Orders patient care and clinical supplies and organizes sample closet.
- Performs injections, spirometry and EKGs as needed
- Performs prior authorizations on medications when needed; refills medications according to the refill protocols
- Prepares exam rooms between patients
- Provides MyChart activation instructions to patients and promotes patient engagement through its use
- Responds to triage calls and messages pertaining to patient care in a timely manner based off of medical necessity and addresses walk-in patient concerns.
- Rooms patients which includes: escorting patients to the exam room, obtaining patients’ weight and vital signs, reviewing patients’ medication list and referring physician information, proactively reviewing chronic/preventive services needed or overdue, providing patients with educational materials, and notifying provider when patient is ready for evaluation
- Scans into EMR any diagnostic/preventive services performed outside of The University of Kansas Hospital.
- Tracks transition of care activities to ensure receipt of health information (labs/referrals/imaging); assists patients with home health and hospice care when needed
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- BLS Certification or obtained within 14 days of hire.
- RN state compact license in the state in which they live
- Basic typing and word processing ability required
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
As a condition of your employment and continued employment with the health system, you are required to secure a Nurse Compact License (NCL) within 60 days of your date of hire. This will enable you to perform your job duties not only in Kansas, but other compact states. You will be responsible for any expenses you incur in securing this license, and must provide your manager with evidence of this license before the sixty-day period expires. If you fail to secure the NCL as required, you will be immediately removed from the work schedule and placed on an unpaid administrative leave, until we can understand the reasons for your non-compliance. Further failure to comply with the licensing requirement will result in your end of employment with the health system.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Previous medical office experience
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.
The main reason I love coming to work is because of the amazing team. We promote a nursing culture that encourages kindness and teamwork, and I absolutely love that about our hospital.– Riley Ferree, RN
Our robust medical, dental and vision package allows you to choose options that are best for your family. We offer life, disability, and accident insurance plus voluntary offerings such as critical illness insurance and identity theft protection.
In addition to the quality healthcare we provide, we have opportunities to serve externally in our community in activities throughout the year.
At the health system, we are a team. If you are highly skilled and motivated but don’t want to work in an “everyone for themselves” culture like many academic institutions have, this is your place.
Support and Resources
We have a comprehensive wellness program with resources to support your physical, mental, and emotional health. Our new Employee Assistance Program (EAP) includes free counseling sessions and legal advice options.
We offer tuition reimbursement for formal education credits.
We offer a retirement savings plan with an employer contribute.
What makes a successful Nurse at The University of Kansas Health System? Review the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right combination.
- Acccountable to Team
- Takes Initiative
- Possesses Integrity
- Desire to Grow & Develop
- Work with a team that supports you, in a place where you will feel you belong and will make a difference. We empower staff to put the patient first in all things – even beyond clinical care. We value people.
- Driven to serve: Every employee makes an impact, regardless of your role – no matter if you’re in scheduling, facilities or clinical staff. We know that each step of the process ultimately impacts the patient.
- Our leadership is approachable, open-minded, and adaptable to challenges in healthcare.
- We demonstrate values proudly and consistently. Values such as diversity and inclusion are important to our staff; there is a desire to see this reflected by the health system internally and externally.
- Even though we are a large organization, our employees feel the health system’s resources, culture and commitment to quality allow them to provide exceptional care for patients.
- Our health system welcomes patients and cases that other hospitals cannot. This represents our commitment to care and our passion to challenge ourselves and be the best.
- We are a true healthcare leader in the region, rooted in experience and excellence.
- We offer unique opportunities for professional development, as well as convenient pathways for onsite continuing education among healthcare professionals and staff – from GED to CEUs.
- We make a difference in our communities by improving the health and lives of our patients.
- We also support our communities through Health System Employees Reaching Out events.
- Perioperative RN (Pre/Post) - full time Kansas City, Kansas
- Ambulatory Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Radiation Oncology Clinic, 10 hours shifts Kansas City, Kansas
- Clinical Nurse (RN) Neonatal ICU Kansas City, Kansas
You don't have any recently viewed jobs yet. You don't have any saved jobs yet.
You don't have any recently viewed jobs yet. You don't have any saved jobs yet.
All About Ambulatory Pharmacy
Additional Clinical Opportunities
Residency and Fellowship Programs Non-Nursing
Business & Professional
Nursing Acute Care - Kansas City
Emergency - Great Bend
Graduate Nurses/ Residency
Maternal and Child Services Division - Kansas City
Maternal and Child Services Division - Great Bend
Pathways to Nursing
Perioperative and Procedural Services - Kansas City
Perioperative and Procedural Services – Great Bend
Advanced Practice Professionals - Great Bend
Ambulatory & Outpatient - Kansas City
Ambulatory & Outpatient
Physicians & Faculty
Mission & Values
Diversity & Inclusion
Our Hiring Process
Advanced Practice Professionals
Toby's Take: Caring for the Caregivers
A look into the life of an ER Nurse
Our Hiring ProcessLearn More