Facility: The University of Kansas Hospital - Main Campus
Department: PATIENT RELATIONS
Schedule: Full Time
Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Patient Representative II (Patient Advocate).
* Handles complex and/or clinically related patient/family complaints through to a reasonable resolution, maintaining patient rights.
* Communicates and collaborates with appropriate hospital, UKP, and Medical Center patient care and support teams.
* Assists patients/families in meeting special needs.
* Represents patient/family needs and rights on relevant working committees.
* Distributes and helps to interpret patient/family informational materials as needed.
* Maintains appropriate documentation.
* High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in Health Care, Social Science or a related field is preferred.
* 3 years of progressive clinically related responsibility in a clinically related health care setting.
* Experience as an educator/trainer.
* Experience working with patients in more than one clinical speciality area.
* Strong interpersonal, collaborative problem solving, and customer service skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* Self-starter with ability to initiate, prioritize, and complete initiatives in a time sensitive manner.
* Working knowledge of data entry and word processing.
Browse by Job Family
"During my time here, I have taken advantage of the company's generous tution reimbursement program, which has helped me to obtain both my Master of Healthcare Administration and Doctor of Education degrees. The rapid growth of my department has allowed me to progress through several different positions to my current role as a Senior Administrator. "
Jennifer Hascall,EdD, MHA
Senior Administrator, Department of Plastic Surgery