Facility: Corporate Woods Adminstrative Offices
Department: PFS SHARED REVENUE SERVICES
Schedule: Full Time
Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Patient Accounting Representative II.
1) Post payments, refunds and adjustments to accounts within designated time frame.
2) Balances receipts, Reviews EOB's.
Insurance Follow Up:
1) Follow up with insurance companies on denials and insurance inquiries as necessary to resolve the account.
2) Properly notes actions taken on the accounts as directed by department policy.
3) Verifies and updates insurance as necessary.
Self Pay Follow Up:
1) Contacts patients regarding delinquent accounts and arranges acceptable payment schedules when necessary.
2) Works closely with collection agencies.
Patient Customer Service:
1) Receives and resolves patient billing questions and complaints in a compassionate, courteous, professional and timely manner.
2) Take appropriate actions such as changing insurance, re-filing claims, calling insurance companies or answering questions to resolve the issue in a satisfactory and timely manner.
1) Review and analyze monthly reports, data and trends to identify improve opportunities revenue cycle functions and increase charge capture.
2) Performs, analyzes and trends individual QA data and reports back opportunities for improvement and ongoing education.
Browse by Job Family
"During my time here, I have taken advantage of the company's generous tution reimbursement program, which has helped me to obtain both my Master of Healthcare Administration and Doctor of Education degrees. The rapid growth of my department has allowed me to progress through several different positions to my current role as a Senior Administrator. "
Jennifer Hascall,EdD, MHA
Senior Administrator, Department of Plastic Surgery