Facility: The University of Kansas Hospital - Main Campus
Department: CA PERIOP SUPPLY
Schedule: Full Time
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Surgical Support Services Technician.
* Performs task related to pulling supplies and instruments to adequately and accurately prepare for cases; tasks include quality control mechanisms to ensure successful case pulls
* Communicates with the health care team; effective communication regarding room needs, necessary follow-up by intraoperative team,
* Reviews and follows processes for acquiring, storing and handling surgical equipment in an organized, efficient manner according to division guidelines
* Performs room and department decontamination as recommended by CDC, AORN, ASA, KUHA and manufacturer's guidelines.
* Assists with patient transfers and communicates with patient utilizing high service standards/behaviors
* Facilitates adequate stocking of emergency supply stock and specialty section stock to ensure accessibility for patient care needs
* Maintains high level of supply organization to ensure that inventory is appropriately managed and accessible to the health care team
* Provides resources to staff during surgical cases to ensure that the team has the tools and equipment to perform surgical duties with minimal unnecessary interruption
* Participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Surgical Support Services Supervisor and/or other member of the Perioperative leadership team
* Partners with anesthesia services to ensure practitioners have access to required supplies for patient care delivery
* High School Diploma or GED Required. Technical/Professional Training Preferred.
* Experience in similar support function within a Perioperative services setting preferred.
* BLS required within 60 days of hire
* Must possess basic to intermediate computer skills.
Browse by Job Family
“I came in very nervous, but everyone has been more than helpful. You can ask 8,000 questions, and no one gets annoyed. I don't have any managers here that I haven't loved. Their support is incredible.”
LPN, General Internal Medicine