Facility: The University of Kansas Hospital - Main Campus
Department: NS 52 BURN CENTER
Schedule: Full Time
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Hydrotherapy Technician.
* Performs hydrotherapy/mechanical would debridement via shower cart or bedside.
* Applies topicals as directed by Registered Nurse.
* Transports and transfers patients using mobilizer, shower cart or transfer board.
* Sanitizes and disinfects contact work surfaces.
* Records vital signs, accurate intake and output, daily weight, hygiene, etc.
* Applies compression garments.
*BLS from American Heart Association
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), EMT or Paramedic certification/license required.
* Minimum 6 months experience in a acute care setting required.
Browse by Job Family
“I came in very nervous, but everyone has been more than helpful. You can ask 8,000 questions, and no one gets annoyed. I don't have any managers here that I haven't loved. Their support is incredible.”
LPN, General Internal Medicine